Audience Development Director
Audience Development Director
This role is crucial to lead the audience and social media development of Play Sports Group to develop the digital reach and profile of the business.
To fulfill our ambition of being the best specialist sport digital business in the world we need market leading skills in every area. Whilst we have achieved a substantial amount we must significantly increase the reach of our digital brands and distribute our content on more platforms. We need to innovate in the way we engage with our fans and develop our audience to become our advocates which in turn will help us grow our audience.
This senior role is crucial to the future of Play Sports Group. We have a incredible possibilities with this business and at the core of our success will be a successful audience development plan. As a business we are only as strong as our community of fans therefore we need an invigorated approach to ensure success.
Key areas of responsibility
- Managing the Audience Development team
- Driving audience growth, video views, watch time and engagement
- Developing fan interaction strategy and tactics
- Managing and developing relationships and strategy on all social media platforms. Key relationships include:
- Partners like Grabyo etc
- Oversee and ensure delivery of commercial/branded content
- Maintain knowledge of key terms and legislation related to the role and our social media output, ensuring we adhere to the regulations and are always up to date with the current legislation and best practice
- Work closely with our data and analytics teams to understand performance and use insight to implement best practices and data-driven strategies
- Alongside our e-commerce team, deliver social media strategies which drive revenue and leads
- Ensure correct brand voice across platforms and brands
- 5+ years of experience in social/digital media
- A dynamic leader that can both establish a strategic vision and command operational excellence
- Proven effectiveness at building, managing, and mentoring high-performing teams
- Vast knowledge of social and digital media and able to demonstrate success in these areas
- Strong understanding of key social media platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver with an analytical mindset
The Play Sports Group is home to Play Sports Network and SHIFT Active Media.
Play Sports Network is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market.
We operate a number of market-leading YouTube channels, Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network, EMBN, GCN Tech and GMBN Tech with over 2.5 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes.
SHIFT Active Media is the award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of project to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from website design and build, apps, print and digital advertising creative, media planning and buying, through social media strategy and delivery, commercial video creation, PR, and beyond.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role and the salary you think you deserve to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Audience Development Director’ as the email subject.