Consumer Marketing Manager
Play Sports Network is looking for a consumer marketing manager to lead the marketing activity for the world’s largest cycling channels GCN, GCN Tech, GMBN, GMBN Tech, GTN and EMBN. The purpose of this role is to create the marketing strategy and deliver campaigns that excite and engage about our ecommerce, membership clubs, events and other activities in addition to all our content on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
This is a key role to lead and implement marketing activity and ultimately increase traffic, conversion and revenue for our consumer revenue activities. The role reports into the MD and will join our team at an exciting time of growth for our company and consumer revenues and this is a great opportunity for someone looking to build a career in this type of specialism.
- Create the marketing strategy and deliver campaigns that excite and engage about our ecommerce, membership clubs, events and other activities.
- Deliver stand out and engaging campaigns that will drive traffic to our websites to grow consumer revenue.
- Work closely with the ecommerce manager, club manager and content director to create campaigns using social media channels, direct marketing and paid advertising.
- Develop your own content as well as working with experts in the business to activate the marketing plan.
- Plan and execute global CRM marketing roadmap and content plans for our consumer products and services.
- Review, monitor and update our email templates and work with our creative team to improve design aesthetic and ensure communications are brand-appropriate.
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns based on new product launches, content calendars and channel content activity.
- Identify a core set of KPIs to which our marketing campaigns are delivered.
- Develop a ‘test & learn’ ethos for activity to ensure the creative is constantly evolving and the content is engaging our fans.
- Analyse data to understand our customer profile and provide in-depth, actionable insights to drive our marketing communications forward.
- Develop campaigns for email customer lifecycle programs that are relevant to our customers, ensuring we deliver the right message to the right customer at the right time.
We are looking for someone who is
- Results focused with demonstrable experience of delivering successful campaigns.
- Educated to degree level with approximately 5 years’ consumer marketing experience
- Calm with a can-do, positive attitude and a happy work ethic.
- Creative, great attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Comfortable dealing with the ambiguity and changing priorities of a rapidly growing business.
- As hands on as you are strategic in all channels from performance marketing to CRM and conversion.
- Responsible and proactive with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly organised with the capability to multitask and prioritise to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to effectively translate brand values and guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Expert in customer targeting, acquisition marketing, engagement marketing, and/or targeting methods.
- Has experience using an email service providers such as Mailchimp
- Additional languages are not necessary, but would be helpful (especially Japanese, Italian, Spanish or German).
- Ambitious to get the job done.
A love of sport and cycling in particular is preferred, although not essential.
Play Sports Network is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market.
We operate a number of market-leading YouTube channels, Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network, EMBN, GCN Tech and GMBN Tech with over 2.5 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes.
- Recently refurbished city centre office based in Bath, UK
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
Do you think you’ve got what it takes?
Send us your CV and your writing portfolio/website (or links to your work) together with a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org