Working as part of our growing digital content team you will be responsible for researching and sourcing a wide range of cycling content and be quick to create and curate the most interesting and relevant material to help drive user engagement.
A keen cyclist, you’ll be in constant touch with everything that’s happening in the cycling world – from breaking news on the pro tour, to the latest product and tech developments. You’ll be totally in tune with cycling culture (ideally in multiple countries), know exactly who to follow across a range of social media platforms, recognise the hot topics of discussion and be enthusiastic about generating great new ideas for quizzes, polls and other feature content.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong cycling knowledge – Passionate about cycling with the ability to draw on your own reliable, existing knowledge and other sources for content creation and curation
- First class research skills – strong knowledge of mainstream global cycling media and related content sources with the ability to identify new, reliable and quality leads
- Exceptional organisation – you’ll be able to set up, maintain and follow organised systems for tracking and serving relevant content to our users
- Flexible/adaptable – able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities and work across a variety of evolving tasks
- Creativity – come up with new content ideas and suggest solutions for serving existing content in different and exciting ways
- Time management – know how to prioritise tasks and work efficiently to achieve the best results
- Communication – you’ll be comfortable working closely with a team of developers, commercial and editorial teams as well as the wider cycling industry
- Proven experience of working as a cycling journalist on a website (ideally) or magazine
- Working closely with social media and digital content
- Know how and where to source supporting imagery and materials and have an understanding of associated rights for usage
- Excellent command of English, grammar and strong attention to detail
- Know how to navigate and structure spreadsheets, experience of working with Google Sheets/Drive
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Send your application through to email@example.com