Content Manager (Road Cycling)
Are you a keen road cyclist with experience in creating video content for social channels?
As Road Content Manager you will support the creation of all GCN content and plan and implement our content strategy across our portfolio of road channels. This currently includes GCN, GCN Tech, GCN Racing and GCN’s international portfolio of channels, currently GCN en español, GCN Italia and GCN Japan.
Day to day, you’ll need to use your knowledge of the Road cycling world, digital media, and editorial craft to research new video ideas and write scripts, ensuring that every video we make is in line with the standards of our channels. This role reports directly to our Director of Road Cycling and you will work closely with the Director of Road Racing.
In this role you will be responsible for planning and implementing programming for our road channels, focussing in particular on the creation of core editorial content; from idea to script through to quality checking the video. You’ll ensure that all content is planned in advance and that our content plans are connected between the channels. You’ll also need great knowledge of cycling; products, racing and personalities, as well as knowledge of the cycling media landscape and (more broadly) the digital media landscape.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Content Planning – Working closely with the Director of Road Cycling, the Director of Racing, and Presenters, to develop and deliver content plans for a variety of content types and audiences.
- Content Plan Management – To take ownership and responsibility for the maintenance and updating of the road channels’ content plans.
- Contribute Content Ideas – To research, draft and pitch potential content and script ideas for inclusion in each of the road channels’ content plans.
- Monitor Content Performance – Together with the Audience Development team, monitor audience interactions and feedback to inform decision making on our future content.
- Script Creation – To research, write and manage the creation of scripts to fulfill the content plans across the road channels. To create and complete 10 scripts per week across the road channels (including YouTube and social).
- SEO/Evergreen Script Creation – To research and write 50-100 SEO/evergreen scripts across the channels for creation each year.
- Production Management – In collaboration with the content, production and presenting team, to manage the creation of scripts and content from concept through to delivery ensuring that content is delivered on deadline and as planned.
- Quality Control – To watch every video before they go live to ensure they’re excellent and as planned. To elevate any concerns to the Director of Road Cycling and senior team as required.
- Writing & Sub-editing – To write and sub-edit copy for a variety of channel content and marketing purposes, as required.
- Other Reasonable Duties – To undertake additional tasks, such as sourcing props or writing and researching social video scripts, when required.
- Maintain Brand Tone of Voice – To develop and maintain a deep understanding of each channel’s brand and tone of voice, and to adhere to these whenever scripting or communicating.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Editorial judgement – recognise how ideas are delivering against the strategy, and challenge ideas based on sound strategic thinking.
- Influencing – communicate clearly, with professionalism and credibility, and is able to manage senior stakeholders.
- Problem solving – you can find quick, effective solutions for any content problems or issues and consult with the management team on major decisions / strategic recommendations.
- Delivery – you plan ahead, anticipate and respond to the off-road channels needs.
- Resilience – you are positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude, and encourage that in others.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT skills, and knowledge of relevant computer packages
- Knowledge of cycling and the cycling media landscape – you’re plugged in to what the best practices are and how we could implement them
- A strong communicator who can work with people from all levels of the business
WHAT COMPANY BENEFITS CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc.
To apply for this role, please click here.