This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Analyst to join our rapidly growing company, starting a career in data science to help shape the future of our products.
PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform ETL tasks on large datasets, providing consistency of data to our development teams
- Create new models and derive new insight from existing data
- Support our multidisciplinary teams with up to date information
- Work alongside our Agile development team to ensure that data is delivered in a timely and coherent fashion
- Start to work on building out machine learning models with the support of the rest of the team
- In tools to display data such as Google Data Studio/Tableau/Microsoft Power BI
- Using tools to extract data from a wide variety of disparate sources
- Scripting to perform ETL – automating your job as much as you can!
- You’ll know how to write SQL queries to get to the data you want
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
OTHER SKILLS THAT ARE VALUED ARE
- Experience of Python, R, Matlab
- Experience with BigQuery, Google Analytics, No-SQL databases
- Experience with recommendation engines, time series analysis, causal inference
- Have built Machine Learning models and can demonstrate the value of these
- An understanding of how to scale your work to run in the cloud
- Being a keen cyclist, runner or triathlete.
This role is located in Bath and you must have the right to work in the UK.
You’ll be a spreadsheets wizard, with a lean towards scripting. You’ll be able to demonstrate your capacity for extracting insight from large data sets and be wanting to get in to a career in data science. You’ll be happy to get stuck in with large volumes of data and perform ETL tasks on them, but know that we’ll be there to support your learning of more advanced data skills such as learning Python or R with a view to applying machine learning to our data.
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Send your application through to email@example.com