Play Sports Network is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. A new events division has been created to develop a series of exciting and innovative cycling events to engage our global audience.
The core mission of the Event Manager is to support the Events Director as we expand our events portfolio worldwide.
To achieve this the Event Manager will be expected to work with event stakeholders, venues, clients and sponsors, our internal teams and other external agencies, develop event plans and work across various areas of event delivery. The role will encompass the management of several key workstreams, including event logistics, travel, accommodation, event staffing, customer experience and communications.
The Event Manager will also assist with the development of the travel business managing key relationships with travel partners and identifying new partners and destinations.
- A minimum of two years sports event management experience.
- Excellent project management skills to manage complex work streams across multiple events.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with customers and optimise the customer experience.
- Ability to manage and motivate teams of support staff or volunteers in high pressure environments.
- Ability to negotiate with and manage suppliers (including hotels and travel agencies).
- Ability to respond to problems efficiently and make key decisions under pressure.
- Flexible working hours are a must, with frequent evening and weekend work, as well as international travel.
- Full UK driving licence.
- International language skills would be an advantage particularly French, Spanish or Italian.
- Experience and/or interest in cycling.
- Experience of travel and tourism sector.
- Awareness of brand, social media, PR and marketing strategies.
- Creative thinking to enhance the event experience and help develop new ideas.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
Do you think you’ve got what it takes?
Send us your CV, salary expectations together with a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org