Events Marketing Executive
Are you a Marketing Executive with experience working in B2C events? Play Sports Network is looking for a marketing graduate with 2 + years experience in digital marketing. You will be responsible for delivering the day to day marketing activity for the Events business within Play Sports Group, working closely with the Events Director and other internal teams to a clearly defined marketing strategy. Your core focus will be to promote the events to drive sales and grow and engage audiences across the event channels.
You’ll be based in Bath, but will have the opportunity to travel overseas for events. You may also be required to work out of standard working hours from time to time. You will need a full UK driver’s licence.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of writing B2C marketing copy, specifically social and e-newsletter
- Curious, ambitious and hardworking with a constant desire to learn and grow
- Great attention to detail and ability to evaluate
- Good analytical skills with an ability to track, interrogate, adapt and improve results
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly to a fast paced environment
- Excellent communicator, both internally and externally
- Experience of using:
- Social scheduling tools (e.g Later)
- Facebook Business Manager
- CMS platforms
- Google Analytics
- Another language (in particular French, Italian or Spanish) would be preferable but not essential
- Ideally you’ll be interested in sports, even better if you have a passion for cycling
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategy – assist Events Director and Marketing Director to develop multi channel marketing strategy to achieve sales targets.
- Planning – work with our audience development and creative teams to plan campaigns and develop assets across email and social channels.
- Execution – execute the event marketing strategy on a day to day basis across owned, earned and paid for communications channels.
- Media Planning – conceptualise and plan key paid digital media campaigns, coordinating our in-house media planning & buying agency (SHIFT Active Media) to deploy, optimise and report on performance. In addition, display and ability to plan and deploy smaller tactical campaigns directly.
- Creative – creative approach to campaigns and content to maximise engagement and community growth.
- Communication – ensure that key messaging related to events is communicated with the production team on a regular basis to maximise opportunities within regular content across all of the channels (e.g. GCN Show, Dirt Shed Show etc)
- Measurement – monitor and track MarComms performance through tools such as Google Analytics, Mailchimp and Data Studio, using data to optimise campaigns.
- Reporting – produce regular insight reports showcasing performance against main metrics and learnings along with a brief action plan for improving performance for the coming period.
- Event management – develop and manage event content plan to maximise reach over event weekend and fulfil partner deliverables.
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click here.