Cycling Filmmaker – Documentaries
Do you have 3-5 years industry Filmmaking experience, making documentaries, a solid showreel and an interest in / knowledge of cycling?
As a Cycling Filmmaker, you will be contributing to the filming and editing of Play Sports Network documentary video output. This often involves working on location, both in the UK and abroad. You must have an excellent base of creative filmmaking skills.
You will be responsible for delivering the creative vision set out by the Producer and Creative Film Director, as well as the development of content across premium groups and channels (Road, Triathlon or Off Road). You’ll work closely with the Creative Film Director in your group, lead and direct shoots to deliver the story narrative and structure. You will also be responsible for assisting with the editorial strategy and commercial plans.
On location, Cycling Filmmakers work independently or with a presenter as part of a small team. On a large project, you may work with a Sound Effects Editor, Music Editor and Assistant Editors. The role is often fast paced and will require you to work to deadlines; an exciting and energetic environment to work in.
You will assist the development of the creative team in your group to increase both technical and creative ability to constantly evolve PSN’s content. You will assist Series Producers, Production Managers and Research Coordinators to interpret and realise the creative vision of the channel.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the creative output of premium content
- Support the Creative Director and Senior Filmmakers in the group
- Ensure that the vision for content is communicated and understood and that the editorial specification is clear
- Take films from the development stage to the finished product
- Execute and deliver the story structure and narrative of films
- Direct presenters where appropriate and necessary
- Ensure permission and rights for any licensed material used (music, images etc) are correct
- Support the PSN Equipment Manager
- Support the Creative Film Director to decide which Video Creator should work on which content
- Keep up to date with emerging cycling industry trends
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experienced in location and studio filming
- Adept at shooting video, operating lights and audio equipment
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or similar)
- Able to prioritise projects and complete them with efficiency and accuracy
- Able to adapt to changes in organisational priorities
- Ensure all Play Sports Network audio and video equipment is used according to instructions
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, a passion for working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and a desire to get the job done.
To apply, please click here.