We’re looking for a forward-thinking developer to help drive our business forwards. You will be working with a small team to design and build web applications that will integrate with our current infrastructure and products to provide performant services, feed data pipelines and new solutions. Data service designs will need an emphasis on scalability and speed so they can keep performing well as the platform grows. You will work closely with product owners to ensure the services are designed to serve their needs.
You will be up for a challenge and willing to learn; if you need to head out to a conference to keep you up to date and your skills sharp then we’ll make sure you can do just that. You will also have access to online training courses in a wide variety of topics to help you keep developing professionally.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Willing to champion best practices in engineering, security, design and testing.
- Experience designing, building and consuming RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs.
- The confidence and knowledge to use the best tools and languages for the job and present new solutions to problems where you see a benefit.
- Experience designing and implementing SQL and/or NoSQL database schemas with an emphasis on speed and scalability.
- Confidence in owning decisions throughout the project pipeline, from initial phases through to production.
- Proficient knowledge of source control (git).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss ideas with colleagues.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with any other languages such as Ruby or Java.
- Knowledge of ORMs and database migrations.
- Knowledge of OAuth protocols for authentication.
- Knowledge of build automation tools and continuous integration processes (CircleCI, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Knowledge of a PaaS (Amazon/GCP/Azure would be a plus)
- Experience with docker/containerisation
- Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Happy working on a Mac.
- An interest in cycling and the bike industry.
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
To apply, please complete the form here