GCN Presenter (Japanese Speaking) – Full time
We’re looking for a Japanese-speaking ex-professional cyclist to join our team here at GCN.
You’ll be based in Tokyo and will travel to Europe and to our offices in Bath occasionally.
Your primary responsibility will be researching, scripting and presenting films for GCN. This is an absolutely key role in our team and you’ll work closely with GCN’s channel producer and creators. In any given week you’ll be shooting at our studios, filming pro bikes at a race and, writing scripts to help our viewers to improve their cycling.
So, what exactly are we looking for?
- Previous presenting experience isn’t a requirement – your cycling knowledge and passion for cycling are more important;
- You must have professional cycling (WorldTour, UCI Womens, ProContinental or Continental) experience; maybe you’re an ex-pro cyclist, or maybe you’re a current pro looking for something outside the peloton;
- Vast knowledge of cycling, bike racing and bike tech. You’lluse everything you’ve learned about cycling, racing and bike tech on a daily basis;
- You still need to be in love with cycling;
- Native Japanese speaker or the ability to speak and write Japanese fluently and idiomatically;
- A good level of written and spoken English
If that sounds like it could be for you, let’s talk! Get in touch with us via email@example.com and we’ll take it from there.
If you have the equivalent experience in mountain biking or triathlon, please also get in touch.