Global Road Content Manager
As Global Road Content Manager you will implement our content strategy across our global portfolio of channels. This currently includes GCN, GCN Tech, GCN en Español, GCN Italia, with further growth planned. You will also manage our global team of road cycling presenters. This role reports to our Director of Road Cycling and Director of Road Racing.
In the role you will be responsible for plan and implement programming for all of our road channels, focussing in particular on the creation of core editorial content to deliver traffic and audience growth. You’ll ensure that all content is planned in advance, that our content plans are connected between the channels and that we implement a global content strategy which is appropriate to a channel’s stage of growth.
You’ll work closely with the commercial team to implement commercial content plans that fit both our editorial strategy and our brands’ communication objectives, and plan the development of compelling content packages (e.g.indoor training, winter riding, commuter, bike packing etc…).
Our international programming schedule includes regular weekly videos including How Tos, Top Tens, The Weekly Show, features and evergreen content. You’ll review this regularly with the team using analytics data and performance insight to plan the content strategy.
Our company communication is in English and as this is an international role, the ability to speak German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese or another major global language fluently or idiomatically would be an advantage.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the presenting team and Content Manager and their development
- Deliver and implement the content strategy and plans across our global channels
- Plan content based on the programming schedule for each channel
- General research for content ideas and analysis of performance
- Work with the commercial team to develop ideas for content for the channel
- Review content and provide feedback
- You will liaise with the production coordinators for planning and logistics
- Check scripts and videos for quality and provide feedback
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A strong communicator who can work with all levels of our business
- Strong problem-solving skills – you’re not afraid to get stuck in and get your hands dirty to deliver great content
- Vast knowledge of cycling; products, racing, personalities
- Strong knowledge of the cycling media landscape and more broadly the digital media landscape – you’re plugged in to what the best practices are and how we could implement the,
- Be able to work effectively, and with diplomacy and sensitivity, with all members of the production team, with presenters, other contributors, and members of the public
- Analytical skills
- Pay precise attention to detail and have a methodical approach to work
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be able to conceptualise ideas
- Have strong IT skills, and knowledge of the relevant computer packages
- Know how to access information about, and comply with, corresponding regulations and agreements in other countries
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities.
- Desirable: the ability to speak French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese or another major global language fluently and idiomatically
In terms of benefits, we offer
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
About Play Sports Group
Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc.
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
GMBN – our mountain bike channel, launched in January 2015 and already has more than 1 million subscribers. GMBN Tech launched in December 2017 and has over 100,000 subscribers. We have a very active presence on social media – reaching tens of millions of cycling fans, every month!
To apply, please click here.