Content and Production Manager
You will be responsible for planning and implementing the programming for all of our road channels, focusing in particular on the creation of core editorial content to deliver traffic and audience growth. You’ll ensure that all content is planned in advance, that our content plans are connected between the channels and that we implement a global content strategy which is appropriate to a channel’s stage of growth.
You will implement content strategy across our global portfolio of channels. This currently includes GCN, GCN Tech, GCN en Español, GCN Italia and GCN Japan, with further growth planned. You will also manage our global team of road cycling presenters. The role reports to the Director of Road Cycling and Director of Road Racing.
You’ll work closely with the commercial team to implement commercial content plans that fit both our editorial strategy and our brands’ communication objectives, and plan the development of compelling content packages (e.g.indoor training, winter riding, commuter, bike packing etc…).
Our international programming schedule includes regular weekly videos including How Tos, Top Tens, The Weekly Show, features and evergreen content. You’ll review this regularly with the team using analytics data and performance insight to plan the content strategy.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver and implement the content strategy and plans across our global channels
- Manage the presenting team and Content Manager and their development
- Plan content based on the programming schedule for each channel
- General research for content ideas and analysis of performance
- Work with the commercial team to develop ideas for content for the channel
- Review content and provide feedback
- You will liaise with the production coordinators for planning and logistics
- Check scripts and videos for quality and provide feedback
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A strong communicator who can work with all levels of our business
- Strong problem-solving skills – you’re not afraid to get stuck in and get your hands dirty to deliver great content
- Vast knowledge of cycling; products, racing, personalities
- Strong knowledge of the cycling media landscape and more broadly the digital media landscape – you’re plugged in to what the best practices are and how we could implement them
- Be able to work effectively, and with diplomacy and sensitivity, with all members of the production team, with presenters, other contributors, and members of the public
- Analytical skills
- Pay precise attention to detail and have a methodical approach to work
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be able to conceptualise ideas
- Have strong IT skills, and knowledge of the relevant computer packages – Google docs, Microsoft documents, spread sheets and word/ google documents for schedules and scripts
- Know how to access information about, and comply with, corresponding regulations and agreements in other countries
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities.
- Desirable: the ability to speak French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese or another major global language fluently and idiomatically
To apply, please click here.