International Content Developer – Road Cycling
At Play Sports Network, we are expanding globally and need creative, cycling enthusiasts to join us to help drive our ambition. If you are an experienced content creator or coordinator with a true passion for cycling and can speak more than one language fluently, then you could be the perfect fit for our growing team.
As an International Content Developer, you will plan and coordinate our content schedules and strategy across our global portfolio of channels. This currently includes GCN en español, GCN Italia and GCN Japan. This is an area of our business with imminent and exciting growth, and the role also covers the future global channel launches.
You will be responsible for coordinating and planning our international programming, focusing particularly on the scheduling of core editorial content to deliver rapid audience growth.
You will ensure that all content schedules are planned in advance and that our content plans are connected between the channels. This role is central to delivering our global content strategy. Our international programming strategy currently includes regular weekly videos such as How To videos, bike maintenance tutorials, a weekly Show, features and branded content.
Roles and responsibilities
- Plan the content schedules in advance for each of our international channels;
- Liaise with the International Production Coordinator and Territory Managers to ensure the delivery of the content;
- Liaise with the local teams to ensure the plans and finished content is editorially sound and a great fit for the market;
- Analysis of content performance and research for future ideas;
- Develop English language video briefs and scripts for localisation by our global teams;
- Ensure that we only release great videos: Review content to ensure that it meets our brand values and goals and provide feedback to our international teams;
- Other duties as required, which will include publishing video content on the international channels and assisting the International Production Coordinator in booking shoots.
- Fluent and grammatically correct spoken and written English;
- Fluent and idiomatic in another major language (one or more of: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese or other major global language);
- Strong analysis and research skills; you’ll need to know how to manipulate data in a spreadsheet and you’ll write clearly and accurately;
- Passion for cycling and strong technical knowledge of the sport;
- A great communicator who can articulate ideas and plans across language barriers;
- Collaborative worker who can work with all of the relevant teams to deliver excellent content and excellent content plans.
This is a role in our global team (currently based in Italy, Spain and Japan), and therefore a successful applicant would be expected to travel, cover weekend work where necessary and work outside normal office hours to accommodate teams working across time zones.
To apply, please click here