Global Road Content Manager
As Global Road Content Manager you will implement our content strategy across our global portfolio of channels. This currently includes GCN, GCN Tech, GCN en Español, GCN Italia, with further growth planned. You will also manage our global team of road cycling presenters. This role reports to our Director of Road Cycling and Director of Road Racing.
In the role you will be responsible for plan and implement programming for all of our road channels, focussing in particular on the creation of core editorial content to deliver traffic and audience growth. You’ll ensure that all content is planned in advance, that our content plans are connected between the channels and that we implement a global content strategy which is appropriate to a channel’s stage of growth.
You’ll work closely with the commercial team to implement commercial content plans that fit both our editorial strategy and our brands’ communication objectives, and plan the development of compelling content packages (e.g.indoor training, winter riding, commuter, bike packing etc…).
Our international programming schedule includes regular weekly videos including How Tos, Top Tens, The Weekly Show, features and evergreen content. You’ll review this regularly with the team using analytics data and performance insight to plan the content strategy.
Our company communication is in English and as this is an international role, the ability to speak German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese or another major global language fluently or idiomatically would be an advantage.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the presenting team and Content Manager and their development
- Deliver and implement the content strategy and plans across our global channels
- Plan content based on the programming schedule for each channel
- General research for content ideas and analysis of performance
- Work with the commercial team to develop ideas for content for the channel
- Review content and provide feedback
- You will liaise with the production coordinators for planning and logistics
- Check scripts and videos for quality and provide feedback
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A strong communicator who can work with all levels of our business
- Strong problem-solving skills – you’re not afraid to get stuck in and get your hands dirty to deliver great content
- Vast knowledge of cycling; products, racing, personalities
- Strong knowledge of the cycling media landscape and more broadly the digital media landscape – you’re plugged in to what the best practices are and how we could implement the,
- Be able to work effectively, and with diplomacy and sensitivity, with all members of the production team, with presenters, other contributors, and members of the public
- Analytical skills
- Pay precise attention to detail and have a methodical approach to work
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be able to conceptualise ideas
- Have strong IT skills, and knowledge of the relevant computer packages
- Know how to access information about, and comply with, corresponding regulations and agreements in other countries
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities.
- Desirable: the ability to speak French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese or another major global language fluently and idiomatically
Recently refurbished city centre office
MacBook Pro and dual monitors
Company pension scheme
A good coffee machine
Really good showers
Free fruit and jelly sweets
Relaxed office environment
Regular company bike rides
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
Since launching in January 2013, GCN has rapidly grown to become the largest cycling-based channel on YouTube, with a subscriber base of over 1.6 million. GCN Tech launched in December 2017 and now has over 180,000 subscribers. Our first international channel, GCN en Español, launched in July 2018 and is approaching 100,000 subscribers. GCN Italia, our Italian-language channel, launched in December 2018 and has over 20,000 subscribers. Further launches in new languages are planned.
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV together with a covering letter which explains why you are perfect for the role and the salary you expect to email@example.com
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK