As part of our iOS development team you’ll be responsible for the creation and rollout of exciting and innovative apps for the cycling and sports industry.
Working alongside our Android developers and our development and design teams you will be creating apps that are easy to use, beautiful to look at and keep our audience engaged.
As an iOS Developer you are excited by creating amazing things with the latest technology. Always focussed on how people use apps. We’re keen to have someone who works well collaboratively, but can also work well on their own to create inspirational and interesting apps that people want to use and that our clients want to show off. Someone who can work to a well-defined brief, but also someone that can take the spark of an idea and pitch their own solution.
You will have worked in creating iOS apps for at least a few years, ideally for a range of clients, however we’re more interested in demonstrations of your work than a client list. We have in-house designers to help style apps so design skills are not a necessity, solid programming skills are.
Creating innovative development solutions will come as second nature to you, and you will be happy to work alongside our talented designers as part of a collaborative team to realise these. We strive to create unique experiences that stand out from the crowd. You will have built your own apps and are happy working on bespoke apps for clients.
You will be up for the challenge of working in a fast moving, dynamic industry. With your finger on the pulse of digital technology and an eagerness to learn, you will be a valuable part of our digital team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of building bespoke iOS apps
- Ability to work to a deadline and still produce engaging apps
- Experience of Swift/Objective-C, Xcode, Cocoa Touch and Apple’s APIs
- An understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and ability to communicate these to designers
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Unit testing and automated tests
- Integration of RESTful web service APIs
- Experience with CI and CD processes
- Promote quality of code and ensure knowledge is shared and code is reviewed
- Version control should be a way of life
NICE TO HAVE
- Android app development experience
- Angular 2 development experience – possibly with Nativescript
- An interest in cycling!
- Experience of developing high performance, secure and polished mobile applications
- Solid understanding of adaptive user interfaces
The Play Sports Group is home to Play Sports Network and SHIFT Active Media.
Play Sports Network is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market.
We operate a number of market-leading YouTube channels, Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network, EMBN, GCN Tech and GMBN Tech with over 2.5 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes.
SHIFT Active Media is the award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of project to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from website design and build, apps, print and digital advertising creative, media planning and buying, through social media strategy and delivery, commercial video creation, PR, and beyond.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV, a link to your portfolio and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Please complete the application form here