This is an excellent opportunity for a forward-thinking IT Manager to join our rapidly growing company and lead it’s strategy around IT infrastructure, technologies, processes, policies and security.
Some of the key tasks of this role are:
- Planning IT infrastructure to cover company expansion in several countries.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation.
- Developing emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failure to preserve technology and data.
- Work closely with business stakeholders at both Play Sports Network and SHIFT Active Media to understand their needs and challenges and provide adequate solutions.
- Making sure that infrastructures, policies and processes are properly documented.
- Business continuity and DR.
Some of the key areas of expertise valued are:
- Solid technical educational background
- Team leadership and management.
- Multi-site, multi-country company infrastructure.
- Dedicated video production and transportation infrastructure.
- Google’s G-Suite administration.
- Experience with IT security.
- Mac and PC administration.
Other skills that are valued are:
- Experience with device management.
- Experience with hardware inventory management (laptops, mobile phones, video cameras, etc).
- IT management of software development departments
- Being a keen cyclist, runner or triathlete.
This role reports to the CTO of the company, is located in Bath and it might require travel to our offices in other countries.
You are a hands-on team leader with a passion for technology.
You’re happy working in an environment that is mostly Mac, though with some PCs, where employees use Google’s G-Suite.
You are capable of thinking strategically and can create and execute an IT infrastructure plan.
You feel comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
The Play Sports Group is home to Play Sports Network and Shift Active Media.
Play Sports Network is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market.
We operate a number of market-leading YouTube channels, Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network, EMBN, GCN Tech and GMBN Tech with over 3.5 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes.
SHIFT Active Media is the award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of project to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from website design and build, apps, print and digital advertising creative, media planning and buying, through social media strategy and delivery, commercial video creation, PR, and beyond.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role and the salary you think you deserve to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘IT Manager’ as the email subject.