Junior Motion Graphics Designer
Are you a talented Motion Graphics graduate with an advanced knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and related plugins? Are you also interested in cycling?
Our Junior Motion Graphics Designer role is responsible for designing and animating key motion graphic elements for all content across all PSN content including editorial, commercial, digital promotions and multimedia campaigns across all groups of channels (Road, Triathlon and Off Road) .
You’ll report into the Motion Graphics Designer and Creative Director to interpret and realise the creative vision for our content. This will involve working collaboratively with the Motion Graphic Designer and video creators to produce high-quality media content and uphold the expectation of creative excellence within the Company.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Design and animate graphics for our channels and commercial department. Examples include: Lower thirds, transitions, maps, motion tracking, rotoscoping, keying, show intros, idents & stings, and title design.
- Create original designs and animations that support our content strategy and complement current branding.
- Assist with special projects and internal assignments.
- Maintain file structures and project organisation.
- Working as part of a team to explore briefs and generate ideas.
- Assisting with the development, preparation and delivery of creative proposals and pitches.
- Ensure permission and rights for any licensed material used (music, images etc)
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WILL YOU NEED?
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Art school or university.
- Good knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and related plugins.
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4D and related modules a bonus but not essential.
- Excellent design, layout, typography and colour theory skills.
- Conceptual thinker and visual problem solver.
- Familiarity with MAC OS.
- Excellent organisational skills.
WHAT COMPANY BENEFITS CAN YOU EXPECT?
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- Pension Plan.
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines.
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours.
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties.
- Free lunch every month before payday.
- Free birthday pizza lunch out.
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear.
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops.
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment.
ABOUT PLAY SPORTS GROUP
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc
To apply, please click here.