At Play Sports Network (PSN), we are looking for a Line Producer to lead and inspire a team with the aim of developing and delivering premium content. Line Producers are accountable for the success of each episode of the series and will steer the production from beginning to completion and beyond. You will ensure that each series achieves the highest creative and editorial standards, delivers on time and on budget, with adherence to (PSN) guidelines. You will create an environment where the talents of the contributors and production teams can flourish.
As Line Producer, you’ll be responsible for delivering the Director of Contents’ creative vision and editorial strategy.
The Line Producer may report to various roles, depending on the area of which they are working in, but can range from Director of Production to Directors of Cycling.
You may be required to work on any of Play Sports Channels or any new channel launches.
- Oversee all production processes and lead the team to deliver first class content, ensuring that it meets the stated aims on all platforms.
- Deliver the editorial plan and strategy set by the Content Directors.
- Lead and motivate the team, ensuring that the vision for the series is communicated and understood and that the editorial specification is realised.
- Ensure that all content is delivered within the legal and budgetary frameworks, and on time.
- Ensure that every aspect of the series adheres to Health & Safety regulations.
- Provide a strong sense of editorial direction and a supportive environment in which to work.
- Lead and inspire ideas generation for content
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, explore promotional opportunities to maximise audience reach across all platforms.
- Ensure content reflects our diverse audiences.
- Construct a full production schedule and budget in conjunction with Production Management, and others as appropriate.
- Keep up to date with emerging industry trends
- Deputise for the Executive Producer/Editor as appropriate.
- Liaise with Talent Rights negotiation, and other PSN contract negotiators where required, and ensure copyright and contracts adhere to PSN regulations.
- Develop and manage positive working relationships with staff, contributors and talent and be able to give constructive feedback.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Extensive experience of making compelling, innovative content at a senior level, and communicating a clear editorial vision.
- An in-depth knowledge of the area in which the role operates, including audiences, competitors and industry trends.
- Proven experience of the latest production processes, techniques and technologies. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the wider media industry.
- A thorough and evidence-driven understanding of our diverse audiences, to ensure we accurately represent them. Excellent editorial judgement and knowledge of the target audience, their needs and expectations.
- Proven ability to develop innovative content, be open to new ideas and motivate colleagues to take creative risks, within the parameters of the PSN Guidelines.
- Able to demonstrate strong editorial judgement in a fast moving environment, and a thorough knowledge of editorial and legal guidelines.
- Experience of influencing, negotiating and communicating effectively both internally and with external agencies/partners.
- Ability to establish effective short and long term relationships with a wide range of people, talent, partners and agencies.
- Highly developed planning and organising skills. Ability to manage several areas of work at one time, prioritising, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities.
- Able to lead the team to develop creative ideas which work across a series and, engage diverse audiences in a demanding creative environment.
- Proven track record in effective leadership, managing and motivating teams, and ensuring staff members receive regular feedback for development.
- Experience of managing performance.
- Experience of working with and developing talent to a high professional standard.
- Able to think ahead to establish effective and appropriate actions for themselves and others in order to meet strategic objectives. Communicate and contribute to the department strategy as required.
- Can demonstrate the ability to consider a range of problems and use own judgement to apply effective, time critical solutions.
- Experience of successfully managing complex budgets and working closely with the production management and senior teams. Be responsible for ensuring that the series delivers on time and on budget.
- Able to develop an extensive knowledge of PSN editorial guidelines and other compliance policies.
- Understand the importance of the PSN’s values of accuracy and impartiality.
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
ABOUT PLAY SPORTS GROUP
Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc.
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
GMBN – our mountain bike channel, launched in January 2015 and already has more than 1 million subscribers. GMBN Tech launched in December 2017 and has over 100,000 subscribers. We have a very active presence on social media – reaching tens of millions of cycling fans, every month!
To apply, please click here