Marketing Manager – Club Membership
We are looking for an experienced acqusition and retention marketing professional who can build on the initial success of the GCN club, retaining existing members and significantly growing new membership.
- Inspire, lead, develop and manage a brilliant club membership offering, across PlaySports Network channels, driving revenue for the business and starting with GCN.
- The vision is a community membership offering; this should be developed and executed through a clear marketing strategy. You will elevate our offering across all channels, while recommending and implementing structural, process and technology changes to enable those plans.
- Foster collaboration with other functions, to provide best in class joined up solutions that build our offering to our communities.
- Lead on the delivery of club activity to recruit, activate and retain members to the club. You will work closely with other departments on the development of digital member-focused content to help us build better engagement with club members.
- Lead an evaluation of our membership offer, reviewing it to ensure the membership offer meets member needs and business goals.
- Membership Vision: develop a clear proposition for our club membership offering. Execute a sector leading club membership programme that provides value to our communities and revenue streams for the business.
- Deliver Results: we have significant ambitions to grow our membership club(s) and subscription opportunities. You will need to be highly focused on this, ensuring that we have the right strategy to execute your vision to achieve our goals.
- Supplier Leadership: you will lead supplier relationships, working to ensure that suppliers provide great products and services on time and on budget for our members. By working with 3rd parties on promotions you will add value to club membership ensuring that we retain members. Best in class client service to members is key.
- Technical Solutions: develop a strategy to deliver the best possible consumer experience when joining, amending, updating membership. You will work with our team of digital experts to deliver the best possible online membership experience.
- E-commerce collaboration: you will share your vision with the e-commerce marketing team and work with them to deliver a marketing strategy and tactical plan that is integrated with the wider global marketing strategy for the business.
- Building Community: develop and drive initiatives to build a community around club membership.
- Decision Making: responsible for day-to-day membership decision making and finds simple effective solutions, shares problems with the wider leadership team and knows the overall direction, ambition and priorities of the business.
- 3 – 5+ years experience in a similar membership or marketing role with strategic management and leadership experience; with skills that enable you to motivate and inspire others to achieve targets
- Significant experience of delivering successful member recruitment, retention, and engagement activity and campaigns.
- Proven demonstrable experience in digital marketing within media/subscriptions/retail for B2C and substantial experience of subscriptions acquisition marketing and renewal campaigns.
- Ability to improve websites to maximise user experience and increase sales is essential and you will have experience and understanding of how to convert to subscriptions.
- Experience of customer insights and use of data to inform the best approach, analytical, with a good head for numbers is a must, along with managing and using various systems including email, automation, CMS, CRM and fulfilment.
- Commercially minded, a strong problem solver and entrepreneurial in your approach with excellent influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Successful delivery of large projects; including budget preparation, management, and reporting
- Understanding how to plan and execute marketing campaigns that maximise return on investment
To apply for this role, please click here