Mobile App UX/UI Designer
Play Sports Group (PSG) are looking for a Mobile App UX/UI Designer to join our growing team based in Bath.
A highly creative role working on the UX/UI for Play Sports Network’s mobile applications. Ideally a minimum of 3 years experience in UX/UI design and a relevant degree or qualification. Working with a team of in-house developers you will have the ability to problem solve through collaboration and design, choosing the right application for the task.
A user-centric approach to design with a great attention to detail to maintain a brand’s consistency across multiple platforms. You should be able to generate new ideas and suggest ways to optimise existing features.
You will have a strong portfolio showcasing mobile app and web design skills that ideally highlights the problems that needed solving and your role in finding and implementing the solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Develop wireframes, user storyboards, prototypes for mobile applications
- Solid experience of UX and UI, specifically for mobile applications
- User-centred design and testing
- Knowledge of accessibility standards for mobile and web
- Experience designing for iOS and AndroidU and responsive web, with knowledge of common design patterns
- Ability to design for responsive web and mobile projects
- Knowledge of a wide range of design and prototyping tools e.g Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Protopie, Principle, Invision Studio
- Ability to create animations in After Effects or Haiku
- Confidence in owning decisions throughout the project pipeline, from initial phases through to production
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss ideas with colleagues
- Willing to champion best practices in product development
- An understanding of cyclists, cycling and the bike industry
NICE TO HAVE
- User research
- HTML/CSS skills
- Working knowledge of version control
- Experience with agile/scrum methodology
- Happy working on a Mac
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Send your application through to firstname.lastname@example.org