Mobile Application Product Manager
Play Sports Group (PSG) are looking for a Mobile Application Product Manager to join our growing team based in Bath.
An experienced Product Owner who has released successful apps into the wild and seen them through from concept to launch, you’ll also be a keen cyclist who knows both the (literal) nuts and bolts of bikes and also what makes cyclists tick.
You’ll be a great negotiator who’s easily able to prioritise the workload of a team used to working in an agile way and you’ll be happy to work alongside senior management and developers.
You should be able to come up with ideas for features, optimisations for existing features and be able to bring a product to a large global audience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Native iOS and Android app product management experience, from concept to launch
- An understanding of cyclists, cycling and the bike industry
- Excellent technical background
- A strong focus in product quality
- Able to work with a multidisciplinary team (C level, developers, designers, content owners, data analysts)
- Able to prioritise features and user stories to ensure roadmap remains on track
- The confidence and knowledge to use the best tools and languages for the job and present new solutions to problems where you see a benefit
- Confidence in owning decisions throughout the project pipeline, from initial phases through to production
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss ideas with colleagues
- Willing to champion best practices in product development
NICE TO HAVE
- Basic data analysis skills
- Working knowledge of version control
- Understanding of automated testing
- Experience with multilingual mobile applications
- Happy working on a Mac
The Play Sports Group is home to Play Sports Network and SHIFT Active Media.
Play Sports Network is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market.
We operate a number of market-leading YouTube channels, Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network, EMBN, GCN Tech and GMBN Tech with over 2.5 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes.
SHIFT Active Media is the award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of project to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from website design and build, apps, print and digital advertising creative, media planning and buying, through social media strategy and delivery, commercial video creation, PR, and beyond.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role and the salary you think you deserve to email@example.com with ‘Product Owner’ as the email subject.