Off Road Video Creator
Play Sports Network is looking for a Video Creator to join our growing team based in Bath. This vacancy is for our off-road channels – currently the Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN), GMBN Tech and EMBN. Further growth is planned.
As Video Creator, you will be contributing to the filming and editing of Play Sports Network video output. Whilst based from our offices in Bath, the role often involves the opportunity to work on location, both in the UK and abroad. You must have a passion for creative filmmaking and a solid base of experience behind you, either working for a studio or as a freelancer.
Creators are responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, images, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. Creators can work independently or closely with a presenter to achieve the desired end result.
Although this vacancy is targeted to our off-road output, you may be required to work as Creator on any of Play Sports Channels, including GCN, GCN Tech and GTN.
We have grown our foreign-language output recently and language skills would be a plus.
What you’ll need to be able to offer
- Experienced in location and studio filming
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with video editing software – Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or similar
- Comfortable shooting video, and operating lights and audio equipment
- Able to prioritise projects and complete them with efficiency and accuracy
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities
- You’ll also need imagination, creativity, patience, analytical skills as well as the ability to work well within a team, collaborate and communicate effectively.
In terms of benefits, we offer
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Please complete the application form here