Video Creator – Mountain Biking Specific
As a Video Creator you will be contributing to the filming and editing of Play Sports Network video output across our mountain biking channel (GMBN).
You will need to have excellent organisational and communication skills to manage your workload and communicate with the team to produce excellent quality videos. You’ll also have a passion for working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for broadcast. The material may include camera footage, images, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. You’ll work closely with a presenter to achieve the desired end result.
Video Creators work independently or with a Presenter as part of a small team when filming on location, both in the UK and abroad. On a large project you may work with a sound effects editor, music editor and assistant editors.
This role is for our mountain biking channel (GMBN), but you may be required to work across any of our channels where required (road cycling or triathlon). You will need to have a general level of fitness to attend shoots where a lot of physical activity is required.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Videography, video editing and on location sound recording
- Communicating ideas to Presenters and fellow Creators
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots recorded
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, synchronising and storing them into files on the computer
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable
- Creating a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- Recording and tweaking content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of a video
- Directing presenters where appropriate and necessary
- Ensuring permissions and rights for any licensed material used (music, images etc) are correct
- Able to prioritise projects and complete them with efficiency and accuracy
- Ensuring all audio and video equipment is used according to instructions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or similar)
- You’ll need a general level of fitness to work in physically demanding environments. Ideally you’ll be a confident swimmer, too.
- Comfortable shooting videos, and operating lights and audio equipment
- At least 3+ years as a videographer
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Please complete the application form here