E-commerce Trading Manager
Are you an E-commerce Trading Manager with experience of managing online sales and merchandising function?
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to help realise the potential of PSG’s global E-commerce function and drive it forwards. You will be responsible for maintaining and overseeing the day to day management of our 4 online shops. This means developing and optimising traffic to deliver profitable growth for our E-commerce business, as well as overseeing product supply-chain.
Our online stores are Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Tri Network and Electric Mountain Bike Network and all sell a range of branded merchandise.
We are passionate about creating the best online experience for our fans across the world to ensure the sites grow in reach and revenue. Therefore, you will need to be prepared to be hands-on with all elements of Online Retail Sales; from some aspects of product design and decision making through to E-commerce statistics and strategic planning.
This role reports to the Managing Director and will manage an E-commerce Executive. You will also have the opportunity to liaise with a variety of people within the business. Being able to negotiate, network and collaborate effectively with colleagues and suppliers to develop existing and new plans for our online shops is key.
What you’ll need
- At least 5+ years in a similar role managing E-commerce, including the management of sales across several countries
- Have worked with a highly engaged fan base
- Worked with third party suppliers and supply chain management
- Experienced in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Experience of improving online user journeys and conversion rates
- Experience working with Google Docs is preferable, but not essential
- Magento 2 as well as other tools to enhance online user experience, such as Yieldify would be ideal
- Solid understanding of E-commerce technology and experience with content management systems
- Know-how in converting customers
Skills & Aptitudes
- Passionate about E-commerce and managing a retail business
- Strong business analysis skills and a good knowledge of Google Analytics and performance tracking tools
- Stakeholder management and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Team Player, with a hands on approach
- Interest in cycling and sports
- Negotiating and influencing skills
What you’ll be doing
- Evaluate approaches and strategies to improve website sales conversions and customer engagement, working closely with the internal development team.
- Understand and develop sources of traffic (and the factors that influence it): video content, email, SEO, PPC, affiliates, and social media.
- Establish and monitor KPIs on the websites and ensure they are all reached and develop plans to improve them
- Plan, define and implement website changes and functional improvements
- Work with internal developers to ensure sites remain responsive and functional across all devices
- Manage SEO of E-commerce presence and understand the importance of SEO to the success of the site.
- Be responsible for overall merchandising of the stores, working closely with the E-commerce Executive, internal Designers and Videographers to create banners, images, and promotions.
- Source and purchase products for the online store and look out for new opportunities and areas of growth for the 4 brands.
- Manage the product range, keeping a close eye on stock levels and feeding product success stories back into the NPD process.
- Manage PSN’s supply chain ensuring products are delivered to schedule, in line with marketing plans and core selling periods.
- Oversee the day to day management of the online stores, working closely with the fulfilment operation and customer services, with the customer’s experience at the heart of your work.
- Be responsible for customer retention. Plan and execute targeted email campaigns to improve customer acquisition and retention rates.
- Work with the marketing team to organise product photography.
- Ensure all stores, languages and currencies are kept up to date.
- Work with developers and legal teams to ensure the stores are secure and compliant with GDPR legislation.
What Company benefits can you expect?
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
About Play Sports Group
Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc.
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
GMBN – our mountain bike channel, launched in January 2015 and already has more than 1 million subscribers. GMBN Tech launched in December 2017 and has over 100,000 subscribers. We have a very active presence on social media – reaching tens of millions of cycling fans, every month!
To apply, please click here