Production Coordinator & Research – Weekly Features
Do you have production coordination experience and are capable of researching and developing a weekly show’s production from concept to finished product?
This role will have responsibility for all the organisational, scheduling and administrative aspects of a weekly show’s production from pre to post production, including the management of the shoot on location.
You will work with our weekly features team across all Play Sports Network (PSN) commercial, editorial, digital promotions and multimedia campaigns. You will also assist the PSN Producers, Creative Directors and Filmmakers to interpret and realise a project’s creative vision, financially and logistically. This will include preparing and updating production schedules or script breakdowns to confirm that sufficient time has been allocated for all aspects of the production process, and check the Producer’s budget and schedule.
Production Coordinator & Researchers also support script writers and filmmakers to research and develop their vision.
Whilst being based from PSN’s head office in Bath, the position will require some work on location in the UK and overseas.
- Have experience of and understand the technical processes involved in video production, including camera, lighting, sound and editing
- Know how and experience of ensuring that all necessary licences and clearances have been obtained for a production
- Up-to-date working knowledge of relevant UK union and/or broadcaster regulations and agreements, e.g. Pact/Equity, Pact/Musicians Union, Pact/BECTU
- Know how to access information about, and comply with, corresponding regulations and agreements in other countries
- Experience in online video is desirable
- Be able to work effectively, and with diplomacy and sensitivity, with all members of the production team, with presenters, other contributors, and members of the public
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to influence and follow up with team members to keep the weekly show running on time
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities.
- A full driving licence and the ability to work in the UK and EU is required.
- Working with the Producer and senior production staff
- Planning, researching and scheduling multiple shoots with a planning cycle.
- Researching and developing production features
- Managing more complex shoots on location, as required
- Drawing up a production schedule
- Negotiating costs with suppliers
- Hiring crew and contractors
- Approving bookings of resources, locations, equipment and supplies
- Arranging permissions and risk assessments
- Assisting with the management of a production office team
WHAT DO OUR COMPANY BENEFITS LOOK LIKE?
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown (36 days paid holiday per annum on a full time contract)
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
ABOUT PLAY SPORTS GROUP
Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc.
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
GMBN – our mountain bike channel, launched in January 2015 and already has more than 1 million subscribers. GMBN Tech launched in December 2017 and has over 100,000 subscribers. We have a very active presence on social media – reaching tens of millions of cycling fans, every month!
To apply, please click here.