Production Coordinator & Researcher – Documentaries
Do you have location and office based production coordination experience and are capable of researching and developing a video production from concept to finished product? Do you also have a passion for cycling? As Production Coordinator & Researcher, you will work with our documentary team to oversee the whole administrative process of documentary creation, from pre to post production, as well as assisting with research to help our Filmmakers to realise their vision.
You will oversee the organisation, scheduling and administrative aspects of video production for our documentaries; this includes the management of shoot locations, organising production schedules, and keeping track of budgets. You will also support Script Writers and Filmmakers to research and create content for our cycling documentaries, so a passion and knowledge of cycling is essential.
The Production Coordinator & Researcher assists the PSN Producers, Creative Directors and Filmmakers to interpret and realise a project’s creative vision, financially and logistically. You will prepare and update production schedules or script breakdowns to confirm that sufficient time has been allocated for all aspects of the production process, and to check the Producer’s budget and schedule.
The position is based in our Bath office in the UK, but may require you to travel to shoot locations in the UK and abroad. You must have a full UK drivers license and the ability to work in the UK and EU.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the producer and senior production staff
- Planning, researching and scheduling multiple shoots ahead
- Researching and developing productions
- Managing complex shoots on location
- Drawing up a production schedule
- Location scouting
- Negotiating costs with suppliers
- Hiring crew and contractors
- Approving bookings of resources, locations, equipment and supplies
- Arranging permissions and risk assessments
- Assisting with the management of a production office team
- Influence the production team, presenters and other contributors to documentary filming
- Represent the company on location shoots, and develop rapport with locals and businesses where required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years production experience
- Understand the technical processes involved in video production, including camera, lighting, sound and editing
- Know how to ensure that all necessary licences and clearances have been obtained for a production
- Be able to work with all members of the production team, with presenters, other contributors, and members of the public
- Influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have up-to-date working knowledge of relevant UK union and/or broadcaster regulations and agreements, e.g. Pact/Equity, Pact/Musicians Union, Pact/BECTU
- Know how to access information about, and comply with, corresponding regulations and agreements in other countries
- Experience in online video is desirable
- Full driving licence and the ability to work in the UK and EU is required
To apply, please click here