Play Sports Network is looking for a Projects Coordinator to work across the world’s largest cycling and triathlon YouTube channels, GCN, GCN Tech GCN en Espanol, GMBN, GMBN Tech, GTN and EMBN and many more. It’s an exciting time of significant growth for our Company.
The purpose of the Projects Coordinator role is to ensure that we manage our commercial activity and deliver the contractual obligations that we have with our partners. It provides a key link and source of coordination between the commercial team and the production/creative & finance teams on the channels. This role will expose you to multiple areas of our commercial operations, offering great insight into our business and enabling you to learn and develop quickly.
This role reports directly to the Managing Director so you will have the opportunity to learn from his extensive commercial knowledge and experience. You will additionally work closely with senior members of the commercial and management team.
- Responsible for the existing project management activities, ensuring projects for each piece of commercial activity are created and that relevant members of the teams are aware of the deliverables with clear actions defined
- Develop a calendar of commercial deals and renewals that indicate when contracts expire/need to be renewed by the relevant member of the commercial team
- Ensure contracted deliverables on the channels are clear with channels and dates for delivery are clearly identified and communicated
- Develop a close working relationship with the channel creators and production teams to ensure all activity is scheduled as per the agreed contracted dates. This should be both through constant communication and through the creation of schedules of activity by channels
- Monitor the creation of contracted content to ensure we are delivering against our contracts and make members of the commercial team aware in advance if there are any difficulties in achieving the dates agreed
- While we have project management tools and systems in place you should look at ways to improve project management disciplines
- Work closely with our social media team to ensure they are aware of any contracted deliverables and schedule and understand the assets available
- Work with the accounts team and manage the accounting schedules for all contracted activity ensuring senior members of the company have detailed information on commercial revenues across all channels
We are looking for someone who
- Is ideally educated to degree level with some experience of a projects coordination role
- Has project management skills developed in the workplace or university
- Is experienced with spreadsheets and project management tools
- Has excellent attention to detail, organisation skills, and ability to manage multiple projects
- Has strong communication skills both written and verbal and quickly develops relationships with members of our existing commercial, production, presenting and management teams
- Maintains a calm, can-do attitude and a positive work ethic
- Is comfortable dealing with the ambiguity and changing priorities of a rapidly growing business
- Is hands on – we’re an ambitious company and looking for someone that is keen and willing to learn and develop this role
- Responsible and proactive with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Committed to getting the job done well
A love of sport and cycling in particular is preferred, although not essential
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- 3 Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas and Summer Parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Collaborative, free pizza lunch out for everyone who has a birthday during that month
- Welcome gifts: a t-shirt & hoodie/or sweatshirt; a GCN summer jersey & bib shorts or a GMBN jersey for staff that cycle regularly.
- 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly and collaborative working environment
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused solely on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia.
PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
Headquartered in Bath, England, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by multinational corporation, Discovery Inc.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes?
Send us your CV, salary expectations together with a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org