QA Test Analyst
This is an excellent opportunity for a software QA Analyst to join our Mobile and Web product teams. We are striving for QA to become a stronger element in these teams and the QA Analyst should help us achieve this goal. It’s a great environment for learning but also influencing the growth of the development teams.
- Ensure user needs are understood and user stories contain effective, actionable acceptance criteria
- Assist with estimating implementation of new features
- Take a risk-based approach to exploratory testing
- Help teams verify across all levels of test
- Work with Developers to identify scenarios to be automated
- When automation isn’t possible, ensure manual tests are organised and performed
- Help shape QA processes alongside QA Manager
- Problem solving, and identifying problems people didn’t know they had
- TDD / BDD methodology
- Knowledge of automation framework
- 2-4 years commercial experience in testing
- Practical knowledge of JIRA/Trello or equivalent
Other skills that are valued are:
- Work effectively within a multidisciplinary Agile team
- Experience of moving from simple user stories to TDD/BDD stories that use gherkin-like syntax
- ISTQB Foundation / Agile Extension
- Being a keen cyclist, runner or triathlete
You will be happy working in a team across multiple projects and confident that you are capable of testing both in an automated and manual way. You’ll be pushing our teams for more TDD and cheerleading testing as a discipline throughout the business. You’ll have experience with testing mobile apps and will be keen to push to learn more. You’re not phased by change – this is a rapidly growing and evolving company.
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Please complete the application form here