QA Test Analyst
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software QA tester to join our rapidly growing company and ensure that our development meets the high standards that we set for ourselves and that our audience expects.
Purpose and responsibilities
- Work effectively within a multi-discipline Agile team
- Design and execute test plans to ensure scope is met
- Ensure user needs are understood and user stories contain effective, actionable acceptance criteria
- Ensure our digital products function correctly across multiple devices and operating systems
- Assist with estimating implementation of new features
- Test for compliance with accessibility standards
- Take a risk-based approach to exploratory testing
- Support system integration testing, identifying and raising defects with the team
- Work with Developers and Product Owners to identify scenarios to be automated
- When automation isn’t possible, ensure manual tests are organised and performed
- Designed and run software tests across multiple browsers, operating systems and devices, specifically Android and iOS devices
- Understand how an Agile team works and where the role of testing fits and and can bring efficiencies
- Understand BDD/TDD and how to implement across multiple product types
- Communicating results, suggestions and ideas across the business, from the development team to the CTO and internal product users in a way appropriate to their understanding of products
- Understanding of how technology affects the product
- Problem solving, and identifying problems people didn’t know they had
Other skills that are valued are:
- Experience of moving from simple user stories to TDD/BDD stories that use gherkin-like syntax
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Being a keen cyclist, runner or triathlete
This role reports to the CTO of the company and is located in Bath.
You will be happy working in a team across multiple projects and confident that you are capable of testing both in an automated and manual way. You’ll be pushing our teams for more TDD and cheerleading testing as a discipline throughout the business. You’ll have experience with testing mobile apps and will be keen to push to learn more. You’re not phased by change – this is a rapidly growing and evolving company
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Send your application through to firstname.lastname@example.org