Play Sports Group (PSG) are looking for a Scrum Master to join our growing team based in Bath.
As a true master of Scrum methodology, you’ll be up for the challenge of embedding new ways of working into a rapidly growing Digital team.
You’ll play a crucial part, potentially across a few teams and projects, to help deliver a range of complex digital projects.
You’ll be an advocate of Agile principles and will work closely with the Product Owner and Development Team to both coach them into understanding Agile whilst maximising the value of their work.
You’ll have sight of the entire project, be able to pre-empt and remove blockers and be responsible for coaching the team to work self-sufficiently.
Working on a variety of digital projects from mobile apps to e-commerce sites, you’ll keep all projects flowing from conception to external launch.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A Leader – able to guide, gain respect from your team and be willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Unrivalled communication – able to adapt communication across all roles and functions
- Facilitative – able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Flexible/adaptable – know which processes are worth pursuing and which aren’t. Adapt to change with rational and pragmatic decision making
- Assertive – able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, be the voice of reason amongst differing opinions and make the tough calls where needed
- Resolve conflict and problem solve– able to facilitate discussion and suggest different approaches to solve the route of the problem in hand
- Promoting team empowerment – encourages self-organisation from the development team
- Promoting team transparency – bringing about transparency to maintain visibility of digital projects
- Enthusiastic – passionate about the role of Scrum Master and able to represent the development team
- Time management – there’s a lot going on so you’ve got to be on the ball with juggling priorities
NICE TO HAVE
- Certified Scrum Master qualification
- Previous experience launching new apps
- Working knowledge of usability and accessibility testing
- Experience of continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated testing
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role and the salary you think you deserve to email@example.com with ‘Scrum Master’ as the email subject.