Senior Social Media Strategist
You’re a passionate individual who lives and breathes social media. A strategist at heart who seeks to understand consumer behaviour, develop actionable and own-able insights, and think in an innovative manner. You’re excited to work with and collaborate with our existing team. You’re proactive and hungry for an opportunity to lead and you strive to be an expert on social media.
You will lead the social media strategy of Play Sports Group’s channels (currently Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network, Electric Mountain Bike Network, GCN Tech, GCN Italia, GCN en Español, GMBN Tech), to develop the digital reach and profile of the business. Our objective is to significantly increase the reach of our digital brands and innovate the way we engage with our fans and develop our audience.
What you will do
- Drive thought leadership through knowledge and expertise in social – understand what other brands are doing, and the latest developments across social media platforms
- Work closely with our data and analytics teams to understand performance and use insight to implement best practices and data-driven strategies
- Drive audience growth, video views, watch time and engagement on all our channels
- Ensure correct brand voice across platforms and brands
- Create comprehensive social strategies that move beyond channel tactics to support our business objectives. Deliver social media strategies which drive leads and revenue (e.g. e-commerce, events)
- Lead and manage the execution of social strategies, campaigns and initiatives—be able to confidently address and plan for questions ranging from social format to platform functionality
- Be proactive with forward-thinking ideas and opportunities that drive our businesses forward.
- Focus on our fans and how we grow our audience and engage with our community. Developing fan interaction strategy
- Managing the Audience Development team (currently 9 people)
- Manage and develop relationships and strategy on all social media platforms. Key relationships include: Google/YouTube, Facebook/Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and partners like Grabyo etc
- Maintain knowledge of key terms and legislation related to the role and our social media output, ensuring we adhere to the regulations and are always up to date with the current legislation and best practice
- 5+ years of experience in social/digital media
- Big brand experience a plus
- Digital marketing background a plus
- Deep understanding of the social media landscape, how it works, what’s important, and how to leverage it
- You’re personally active on major platforms in the social media space (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc.)
- Track record of creating social strategies that align with customer journey, customer psychology, and leverage social platforms to the fullest extent
- Excellent communication skills, with engaging and inspirational presentation style
- Collaborative nature, partnering with other teams
- Understanding of and past experience using analytical tools
- Optimism. You see and focus on the opportunity, not the hurdles
- Self-sufficiency. You get stuff done, you are able to work with little direct supervision but know when to ask for help
- Adaptability. You adapt to new conditions, deadlines and assignments
- Drive and Motivation. You have a strong work ethic
- Proven effectiveness at building, managing, and mentoring high-performing teams
Send your CV and a covering letter which explains why you are perfect for the role and mentions your desired salary to email@example.com. Please add “Senior Social Media Strategist” as the title of your email.
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK