Social Media Operations Executive
Do you have a passion for social media and a creative flare, inspired by the cycling industry? If so, Play Sports Network (PSN) would love to hear from you. As our talented Social Media Operations Executive, you’ll be responsible for getting PSN content in front of more people and in more places. In this role you’ll focus on GCN, GCN Tech and GCN Racing, but you’ll have the opportunity to deputise and work across all of our channels regularly.
You’ll publish all of our YouTube video content, interact with our audience and work to deliver PSN’s audience development and social media plans. You’ll ensure that the execution of these plans is excellent, delivering the best possible results.
You’ll need to know about digital and social media. A passion for – and deep knowledge of – road biking and all things bike tech is a must. Due to the varied nature of the role and the work of the audience development team, knowledge of mountain biking is also essential.
The role will include a certain amount of weekend working, with days off in lieu during the week in place of weekend days. You’ll need to be eligible to work in the UK.
- Publishing all YouTube video content, promotions and quizzes
- Publishing and creating engaging and shareable content to all social media platforms
- Assisting with all of our analysis and reporting and ensuring that the reports are all created and managed appropriately
- Researching and developing content and social media ideas
- Community management; interacting with our viewers and subscribers in the comments
- Able to prioritise projects and complete them with efficiency and accuracy
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data and come up with recommendations based on findings
- Ability to speak and write a language other than English fluently and idiomatically is preferable but not
- An eye for good image and creativity
- Photoshop and video editing skills
- Communication skills in order to collaborate with the team
WHAT COMPANY BENEFITS CAN YOU EXPECT?
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
Play Sports Group is home to Play Sports Network and SHIFT Active Media, based in Bath.
Play Sports Network is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market.
We operate a number of market-leading YouTube channels, Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network, EMBN, GCN Tech and GMBN Tech with over 2.5 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes.
To apply, please click the link here.