Strategic Programme Manager
The Strategic programme Manager will be an integral member of Play Sports Group, supporting the Executive Management Team in developing and articulating the strategy of the business.
This role will work closely with all key areas of the organisation, including content, business development, events, agency, the channels product and technology. This is a fantastic opportunity within a dynamic, growing and ambitious organisation that is undergoing rapid growth.
The position requires strong analytics, process management, problem solving, communication, collaboration and project management. The ability to build and maintain productive relationships with multiple and senior stakeholders is essential, as well as a strong business presence.
About Play Sports Group
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused solely on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity. Headquartered in Bath, England, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc.
- Programme Management:
- Work with the senior management team to translate the corporate goals for Play Sports across all business areas into an operational plan to manage the business and delivery of all growth initiatives
- Develop detailed project plans with key business leaders, track current project activities and developments, work with stakeholders and leadership to flag risks and resolve or escalate issues as required
- Support management to translate links/interdependencies within the business into relevant solutions that support project definition or alignment of strategy within the wider company’s business
- Perform detailed analysis including process mapping/design, data gathering/ validation, data modelling, and all other relevant tasks to meet project milestones
- Create and maintain comprehensive programme plan and related documentation to monitor progress and manage delivery risks, including regular reports to provide senior leaders with timely status updates
- Management of Strategic Projects
- Take the lead in structuring and delivering strategic projects on behalf of the senior leadership team to help the business evaluate new commercial opportunities, assess commercial partnerships and address any operational issues
- Conduct research and analysis and present findings to deliver strategic insights, commercial solutions and recommended actions
- Build implementation plans to help execute agreed strategic initiatives
- Assist senior leadership team in preparing presentations to help communicate company strategy, commercial opportunities, etc. to Discovery, potential partners and industry
- Client Management / Communication
- Develop, manage, and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders at all levels to help support planning and execution of strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally strategy consulting or equivalent industry experience
- Analytical skills: capacity to identify issues and underlying roots, prioritize issues, develop hypothesis for both the issue and potential solution, quickly gather data and develop recommendations
- Data skills: capacity to manipulate complex data, conduct “back of the envelope” calculations and identify trends within data
- Track record of multi-disciplinary project management and process mapping
- Experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, with great attention to detail
- Ability to handle high volume of work and multi-task a variety of assignments, as well as recognize priorities, anticipate risks and issues and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
- Experience of working in or with the media or technology sectors
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Send your application through to DNE_Recruitment@discovery.com