If you have 3-4 years’ experience working on strategic projects in a management consulting firm, we’d love to hear from you.
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused solely on cycling and tri-sports. Headquartered in Bath, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. Additionally, we are part of the multinational and US-owned Discovery Inc Group!
We are delighted to be resourcing a brand-new role, Strategy Manager, the purpose of which is to enable the Executive Management Team to articulate, develop and integrate the strategy of the business.
Your management of strategic projects will include:
- Taking the lead in structuring and delivering strategic projects on behalf of the senior leadership team to help the business evaluate new commercial opportunities, assess commercial partnerships and address any operational issues.
- Conducting research and analysis and present findings to deliver strategic insights, commercial solutions and recommended actions.
- Building implementation plans to help execute agreed strategic initiatives.
The role will provide excellent learning and development in that it will partner all key areas of the business, including content, business development, events, agency, the channels product and technology.
This will suit someone…
- Well educated with a university degree and 3-4 years’ experience working in a strategy consulting firm
- Who is looking to secure a permanent role that they will be able to develop in line with the growth of the business
- Able and keen to work in Bath
- Good analytical skills
- Skilled in data skills and a capacity to manipulate complex data, conduct “back of the envelope” calculations and identify trends within data
- Track record of multi-disciplinary project management and process mapping
- Experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills, with great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task a variety of assignments, as well as recognise priorities, anticipate risks and issues and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint (or similar presentation) skills
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
- Preferably with an interest in sports and cycling
What we can offer you…
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
About Play Sports Group…
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused solely on cycling and tri-sports.
Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
Headquartered in Bath, England, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc.
Please get in touch if you believe that our Strategy Manager role matches your skills and aspirations. We will happily send you a full job specification.
To apply, please complete the application form here
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK