Territory Manager – Spain
Are you an experienced manager who has worked in Media for 5+ years, and fluent in Spanish and English? If so, Play Sports Network would love to hear from you. We’re looking for a Territory Manager based in Girona, Spain, to work on our business development plans and support our ever growing business.
This role will involve managing cross company relationships between the Play Sports Group and our Spanish speaking client base. The aim is to increase the volume of editorial and commercial content that we are delivering to our Spanish speaking audiences. Therefore, the role is comprised of two main areas:
- Supporting the growth of the Channel Brands in Spanish – around 80% of the role; you will be required to manage our creative team based in Girona, supporting them through the process of creating and delivering content smoothly and efficiently.
- Business Development for Play Sports Network (PSN) – around 20% of the role; you will oversee all Spanish speaking clients, assisting the PSN Partnerships Director with deals in Spanish, opening new partnership opportunities, and closing deals, where appropriate.
You will also be required to travel to our Bath office in the UK every 6 – 8 weeks, so flexibility to travel is a must for this role.
This role is largely made up of supporting the growth of the Channel Brands in Spain, of which the following are within this jobs responsibilities:
- Lead day to day management of the Spain-based staff and ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the channel.
- Liaise with our International Production Coordinator to arrange and plan video shoots and work with the team to produce excellent Spanish-language content.
- Be the main contact for Spanish-language channel commercial partners.
- Work with PSN’s global team to develop and implement our processes and company culture in Spain.
- Keep communication flowing between PSN’s Spanish channels and PSG in the UK.
- Be the key link between our central teams in the UK and the Spain-based team and make sure that our knowledge, processes and best practices are shared between our global teams.
- Other duties as required, including, but not limited to; editorial video sign off, translation of key documents, and overseeing the Spanish channels’ social media.
- Ensure all key documents such as production schedules, deliverables lists, work schedules, video schedules and information are up to date.
20% of the role is business development focused, under which the following job responsibilities fall:
- Develop and maintain relationships with cycling brands.
- Act as a commercial ambassador for the channels with local brands.
- Discuss commercial opportunities and where there is interest pass contacts and leads to the relevant person on the commercial team.
- Communicate with the Commercial team any issues or questions from your discussions with Spain-based brands.
- Ensure content is created with the appropriate partner brands used.
- Ensure that branded content created features the appropriate brands and meets the agreed contractual terms.
- Management experience.
- 5 + years working in the Media industry, ideally a sports media company.
- Fluent and idiomatic written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of cycling and cycling media / brands.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in a business / client development role is preferred, but not required.
- Social media and digital experience is preferred, but not required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 5 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
- Continued support from the UK PSG team
- Beautiful offices in the heart of Girona, full of character and charm
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with over 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media, that works with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
To apply for this role, please click here.