UX Researcher (Native mobile applications)
Play Sports Group (PSG) are looking for a UX Researcher to join our growing team based in Bath.
A highly creative role working on UX for Play Sports Network’s mobile applications. Ideally a minimum of 3 years experience in UX research and a relevant degree or qualification. Working with a team of in-house developers and designers you will have the ability to problem solve through collaboration and design, choosing the right research method and applications for the task.
- Plan and conduct user research using diverse and appropriate methods to better understand behaviours and attitudes, such as user testing, ethnographic field studies, interviews and surveys, card sorting, A/B testing, benchmarking, remote testing, heuristic evaluations
- Analyse user research, write reports and presentations to communicate results to the team, whilst also highly considering quantitative data
- Creating and maintaining documentation which leverage insights such as personas and experience maps
- Identify business and user needs and synthesizing insight across all design activities.
- Collaborate with Development, Marketing and Analytics teams to develop quantitative research strategy, plans and tasks to ensure a holistic view of customers.
- Provide UX advocacy by focusing on customer needs on all touch-points and contributing to knowledge sharing within the team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent experience conducting research activities including but not limited to – user testing, ethnographic field studies, interviews and surveys, card sorting, A/B testing, benchmarking, remote testing, and heuristic evaluations
- Strong ability to evaluate insight and convey learnings through storytelling, presentations and personas
- Ability to balance both qualitative and quantitative insight in research tasks and design evaluations
- Knowledge in user testing software and a keen eye in identifying new tools that will evolve working practices for the team
- Detail oriented, self-motivated with passion to work in a fast paced start up environment
- Experience with multinational, multilingual UX research
- Advocate of accessibility principles/frameworks for web and app development.
- Develop wireframes, user storyboards, prototypes for mobile applications
- User-centred research, design and testing
- Knowledge of accessibility standards for mobile and web
- Knowledge of a wide range of design and prototyping tools e.g Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Protopie, Principle, Invision Studio
- Confidence in owning decisions throughout the project pipeline, from initial phases through to production
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss ideas with colleagues
- Willing to champion best practices in product development
- An understanding of cyclists, cycling and the bike industry
NICE TO HAVE
- User research
- HTML/CSS skills
- Working knowledge of version control
- Experience with agile/scrum methodology
- Happy working on a Mac
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Send your application through to firstname.lastname@example.org