Video Creator – Dutch Speaking
Are you an experienced Videographer who is looking for a role creating exciting content in the sports industry? As Video Creator you will film and edit Play Sports Network’s Dutch video output. You’ll have a passion for creative filmmaking and preferably have a solid base of experience behind you, either working for a studio or as a freelancer.
This role often involves the opportunity to work on location, in Europe, the UK and further afield. You will need to be a native Dutch speaker or able to speak and write Dutch fluently and idiomatically. You’ll also need to speak and write English to a good level.
As a Video Creator you are aiming to make the best cycling/mtb/triathlon video content on the internet. Day to day, you will be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, images, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. You’ll usually work closely with a Presenter to achieve the desired end result. A deep knowledge of – and a passion for – cycling or mountain biking would be a huge plus.
We are hoping to have this role based in Girona, but we are also open to hear from applicants who are based in the Netherlands.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Videography, video editing and on location sound recording
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots recorded in preparation for inputting
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files
- Digitally cutting files to put together the sequence of a film
- Creating a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) and determining the exact cutting for the next stages
- Reordering and tweaking content to ensure a video has a logical sequence
- Ensure all Play Sports Network audio and video equipment is used according to instructions
Additional tasks may include:
- Publishing and Trafficking uploaded videos to the channel
- Social media updates to promote new content
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video editing
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- Writing voiceover and/or commentary
- Suggesting or selecting music
- You may also carry out online editing duties which involve finalising technical aspects such as correcting faulty footage, grading and colouring, and adding special effects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Native Dutch speaker or able to speak and write Dutch fluently and idiomatically
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Comfortable shooting video, and operating lights and audio equipment
- Proficiency with video editing software – Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or similar
- Experienced in location and studio filming
- Able to prioritise projects and complete them with efficiency and accuracy
- Strong at communicating your ideas to the team working on a video
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click here.