Are you a Video Editor with at least 5 years’ agency or in-house experience looking to join a post production team?
As Video Editor, you will be responsible for delivering the post production vision as set by the Chief Editor to deliver exceptional content. This means assisting with the post production development of video content across premium groups and channels including international channels (Road, Triathlon or Off Road). So, you’ll work closely with the Chief Editor, Director of Content, Creative Directors and Producers in PSN’s groups to assist with the post production strategy to deliver on the editorial strategy and commercial plans. You will also work with producers, production managers and research coordinators to interpret and realise the creative vision. This is an opportunity to develop and inspire Assistant Editors, Creators and Filmmakers, both technically and creatively to constantly evolve PSN’s post production. You will also lead and contribute to the editing of Play Sports Network Premium and channel video output.
You’ll have a passion for working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and a desire to get the job done.You must have excellent base of creative editing skills and your work should be an inspirational example to the video creative team.
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WILL YOU NEED?
- 5 years’ experience as an editor
- Exceptional video editing skills
- Television and online editing experience
- Motion graphics/design experience
- Experience with Premier, Final Cut Pro, and After Effects to efficiently navigate projects – also a command in music and sound editing required
- Able to work both independently as well as with other team members
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- 3D graphic (Cinema 4D) experience a plus
- Good understanding and knowledge of non-linear video and graphic production workflows, organization, and storage
- Good understanding of the latest video compression techniques for web and broadcast delivery
- Able to prioritise projects and complete them with efficiency and accuracy
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities
- Keep up to date with emerging industry trends
- Remain unflappable under pressure: you’ll be busy working to tight deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
- Working at the cutting edge of new technology, you will be expected to grasp changes in technical innovation across multiple platforms
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Responsible for the creative output of premium content and supporting online groups
- Mentor and feedback on creative to the Filmmakers and creators in your team
- Develop your team in all aspects of storytelling through the use of images, video, motion graphics/design and music by utilising your skills in pre and post-production with clear expertise in editing
- Motivate the team, ensuring that the vision for the content is communicated and understood and that the editorial specification is realised.
- Instill a good work ethic in the post production team
- Assist with hiring the post production team
- Proactively work to help teams identify and address problems quickly when they arise.
- Maintain a steady, independent workflow to deliver quality work on-time and on-budget
- Oversee several projects from start to finish, keeping to deadlines, and signing off on these projects before they screened.
- Ensure permission and rights for any licensed material used (music, images etc)
- Ensure that Filmmakers understand the process for correctly using licensed material in content (music, images etc)
- Work with production to keep shoots within budget and deliver creative vision..
- Support the PSN equipment manager who are responsible for the camera equipment and kit for the group
- Work with the Creative Directors to decide on who from the creative team edits on which content
- Ensure all Play Sports Network audio and video equipment is used according to instructions.
WHAT DO OUR COMPANY BENEFITS LOOK LIKE?
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
ABOUT PLAY SPORTS GROUP
Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc.
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
GMBN – our mountain bike channel, launched in January 2015 and already has more than 1 million subscribers. GMBN Tech launched in December 2017 and has over 100,000 subscribers. We have a very active presence on social media – reaching tens of millions of cycling fans, every month!
To apply, please click here