Shift Active Media is looking for a Video Editor to join our growing team based in Bath.
As a Video Editor, you’ll be responsible for assembling stock footage and or recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for broadcast in a broad range of channels from instagram stories to TV idents. The material may include camera footage, images, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. You’ll usually work closely with the Creative Director to achieve the desired end result. You will be required to regularly work on location in the UK and overseas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Videography, video editor and on location sound recording
- Work within the budget issued, including resource management while working closely with the Creative Director
- Edit and create graphics 2D graphics for short form and longer form of commercially branded content depending on the project brief
- Communicate your ideas effectively to on-screen talent & the Creative Director
- Ensure delivery of the most innovative creative using the best and most effective production techniques for a given project whether specially shot, animated or clip based, using strong visual imagery, design, audio design, music, sync and voice over
- Respect, select and edit quality music tracks within the agreed budget
- Assemble all raw footage, with camera shots recorded in preparation for inputting into the computer
- Work proactively with the Creative Director to develop and maximise creative, devising creative solutions for key promotions
- Respect brand values
- Retain high creative and production standards in all campaigns while respecting brand values and delivering on time & on budget
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer/server
- Ensure all spots are editorially accurate and in accordance with brand guidelines, as well as in technical compliance for play out
- Create edit selects; digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable
- Create a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) of the ad/promo/programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- Reorder and tweak the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video
- Ensure all Shift Active Media audio and video equipment is used according to instructions
- On location work at a DIT to ensure all media is ingested, dubbed and backed up before leaving location
Additional tasks may include:
- Social media updates to promote the uploaded content
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video editing; experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- Writing voiceover and/or commentary
- You may also carry out online editing duties which involve finalising technical aspects such as correcting faulty footage, grading and colouring, and adding special effects
- Direct/produce small productions/shoots with in house talent
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts/clients
What to expect
Creators work independently or with the Creative Director. On a large project you may work with a team of freelancers including DoPs, Drone pilots, motocam, music consultants, editors, graphic designers and sound engineers. The role may be pressured, for example, when working intensively to strict deadlines with limited studio time or deadlines.
YOU’LL NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced in location and studio filming
- Appreciation of the importance of audience focus
- Comfortable shooting video, and operating lights and audio equipment
- Good technical housekeeping including management of rushes, media transfer and logging
- Proficient with video editing software – Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or similar
- Ability to interpret marketing & agency strategies in order to best deliver to brief
- Planning & organisational skills to manage projects and work within given budget and timeline
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- Resilience and stamina to work well under pressure from a high work volume and conflicting priorities
- Able to prioritise projects and complete them with efficiency and accuracy
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities
- Key Skills: imagination, creativity, passion for cycling and or other sports, patience, attention to detail, analytical skills, communication skills, technical ability, resilience, professionalism
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
The Play Sports Group is home to SHIFT Active Media and the Play Sports Network.
Launched in 2010, SHIFT Active Media is an award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world, such as Continental, crankbrothers, fi’zi:k, the Global Cycling Network (GCN), KASK, Zwift, YT and many more. Our complete focus on cycling delivers a best in class knowledge together with outstanding results.
We’re a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide variety of services to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from brand strategy, global media planning and buying, advertising creative, film and video production, website design and build, social media and beyond, our work resonates with cyclists the world over.
We’re a small but rapidly growing business, and while the atmosphere in the modern office in Bath is relaxed and fun, we are very ambitious and work hard to exceed the expectations of our clients.
Please get in touch if you believe that our Video Editor role matches your skills and aspirations.
To apply, email your CV and a cover letter (and links to your portfolio/website, or links to your work, including your salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK