Systems Manager (Video Production)
We are looking for a Systems Manager with at least 2 years agency or in-house video production experience to join our post-production team. Ideally you will have come from a background of being a senior assistant video editor, post production technical director or from IT (with expertise in video data).
As Systems Manager, you will be expected to work within a busy post-production environment and be able to understand and work within the confines of various workflows with meticulous detail. The Systems Manager is to maintain and support PSN’s busy global post-production process while managing the media servers, the production IT environment, the post-production workflows and equipment.
You’ll work closely with the Chief Editor, Video Editors, Assistant editors and IT Team to manage the post-production strategy and to deliver on the editorial and commercial plans. You will manage and maintain the post-production technical infrastructure and support video editors, creators and filmmakers across premium groups and channels including international channels. (Road, Triathlon or Off Road) .
You will instil the work ethic required in your team and demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills, a passion for working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and a desire to get the job done.
- Provide support within the edit operations team for all areas of post-production
- Support the editors before, during and after production
- Manage and Maintain the server spaces and their use by the production team
- Ingest across HD and UHD
- Work to complex workflows
- Log and report support and workflow issues
- Proactively work to help teams identify and address problems quickly when they arise.
- Maintain a steady, independent workflow to deliver quality work on-time and on-budget
- Overseeing several projects from start to finish, keeping to deadlines, and signing off on these projects before they screened
- Ensure that the workflows are being properly followed by all teams in PSN
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with video editing software – Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or similar
- Able to deal with suppliers and determine the best equipment suited for the post-production needs
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organisational priorities.
- Ensure all Play Sports Network audio and video equipment is used according to instructions.
- To keep up to date with emerging industry trends
- You’ll be busy working to tight deadlines and juggling multiple projects. This is a high pressure environment that requires someone experienced with working to a tight timeframe.
- Working at the cutting edge of new technology you will be expected to grasp changes rapidly
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of managing servers, post-production workflows, equipment and working in an IT environment
- Professional working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and other Editing Products within a post- production/ broadcast environment
- High level working knowledge of Video standards and codecs
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time management and reporting skills
- The ability to remain calm in a high-pressured environment
- Good problem-solving skills
WHAT COMPANY BENEFITS CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling.
Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views to 3.1m subscribers amongst the 5.7m social followers of its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. PSG channel presenters are engaging, knowledgeable former professional riders from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes, teams and races, bringing their audiences to the heart of the professional sport with unmatched authenticity.
PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work alongside some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world, and is backed by an investor group led by Discovery Inc.
GMBN – our mountain bike channel, launched in January 2015 and already has more than 1 million subscribers. GMBN Tech launched in December 2017 and has over 100,000 subscribers. We have a very active presence on social media – reaching tens of millions of cycling fans, every month!
To apply, please click here.